Is there anything better then baby toes?! Meet Greyson and his sweet newborn session. Come take in all those darling baby details!. Greyson was nice and sleepy and all bundled up for his session. While he was in his dream world, I was in newborn heaven. I had the opportunity to capture Greyson's mama's maternity session and since his birth I have captured his baptism, 6 month and 1 year shoot. Can't wait to see and capture more of this now (not so) little man!
All eyes on Sienna! This little is the youngest daughter of Elissa who has been at In Focus Studio since 2008. Not only is she a joy to work with I also have had the pleasure of capturing communions, confirmations, family portraits, baby portraits, and most recently Elissa's oldest daughter, Sabrina's sweet 15’s. Now it's Sienna's turn. There is nothing sweeter then an inquisitive six month old full of laughter. I can't wait to see this little one grow over the years and to continue to capture those ever important family memories with this wonderful family!
What's better then first birthday photos? Nothing. Just look at how adorable Nico is. He came dressed to the nines starting out his shoot in nautical attire and ready to pose. Crawling, standing, laughing and just the sweetest demeanor. He also rocked that birthday suit and took part in devouring a delicious birthday cake covered in frosting. Does this not sound like the best day ever? I had the best time with this little one. I hope I can continue to photograph him and capture those milestones for year's to come. That is the best part about first birthday photos, they become such treasured memories and just think how good these will look in Nico's senior year book.
Surviving a Family Photoshoot
How to make your next family photo session a stress free one.
Family photos can be truly timeless and a great keepsake for future generations. Getting the family together to take those perfect portraits can turn into chaos if not approached correctly. There is usually a lot more to consider when it comes to a family photoshoot since there are members of all ages, which means that there is some extra coordination involved.
Below are some family photoshoot ideas and tips to keep you and your loved ones calm and smiling the whole way through.
1. Timing is everything. If you have younger children involved in the shoot, try and arrange the photoshoot at a time when they would be well rested. A rested child makes for happy photos. On that note, make sure that all family members have gotten enough sleep the night before as this helps with the fun and relaxation aspects of the session.
2. Dos and don’ts of bribery. Get your family excited about the photoshoot instead of offering a reward in return for their cooperation. This tends to lead to forced smiles and an irritated bunch of people. If you do have small children coming along it’s not a bad idea to give the photographer some bribery options in the form of toys or small food items to make those difficult moments a little easier
3. Relinquish control. As much as you’ll want to direct your children on where to stand and how to pose, it’s best to leave that to the photographer as they know what works best. Not having this pressure will also make you feel more relaxed.
4. It’s not just about the posing. The best photos happen when you’re having fun so joke and play with your children, hold your partner’s hand and just let the moments happen.
5. Plan ahead. Discuss all of your requirements with your photographer beforehand so that the family photo session can just flow. Let your photographer know if you want specific pictures taken. Also review wardorbe options to make sure the clothing selected will work for portraits.
6. Keep those sugar levels up. If everyone is well fed, the photoshoot will also run a lot smoother. It’s also not a bad idea to take a few snacks and some water along for those who might need it
Enjoy your portraits.
Manolo Doreste - In Focus Studios
320 Miracle Mile – Suite 203
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Lauren, Luke and Morgan Location: Coral Gables, Florida